- is a leading provider of Shared Web Hosting services as well as domain registration and management services.
We highly value our customer's privacy and care about protecting the personal information of our customers and visitors who use our websites, products, or services (collectively, our "Users")
For the sake of this policy, the covered entities to which it is applied are:
Our website - https://www.tanzahost.com
Information We Collect From You
Like most website operators, TanzaHZost collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available such as:
- Browser Type
- Language Preference
- Referring Site
- Date & Time of each visitor request
- Pages Your View
Our purpose to collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how TanzaHost's visitors use its website.
TanzaHost also collects potentially personal-identifying information like:
- Email address
- Personal website URL
- Internet Protocol (IP) address for logged in users
- Internet Protocol (IP) address for users placing an order
- Internet Protocol (IP) address for users leaving comments on our blog
- TanzaHost only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Signing Up For Services; User Information.
To provide web hosting services and/or domain registration/management we obtain the following information about you as described below:
- Information you provide prior to any registration process, such as your email when you provide it to us;
- Information that you provide during any registration process (such as your name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address, or credit card information, geographic location and industry), when you call or email us (for support or otherwise) or when you use our products or services; and
- Payment information that you provide to us (by way of our Service or otherwise) when you purchase some of our products and services, including credit card data.
When you purchase Domain Registration services for top level domains (TLDs), as the domain registrar, we are required to collect the following personal information from you (collectively, "Personal Information"):
- Registrant Name
- Registrant Organization (where applicable)
- Registrant Address
- Registrant Email
- Registrant Fax (where applicable)
- Registrant Phone number
- Administrative Contact
- Administrative Contact Organization (where applicable)
- Administrative Contact Address
- Administrative Contact Email
- Administrative Contact Fax (where applicable)
- Administrative Contact Telephone Number
- Technical Contact
- Technical Contact Organization (where applicable)
- Technical Contact Address
- Technical Contact Email
- Technical Contact Fax (where applicable)
- Technical Contact Telephone Number
- Billing Contact
- Billing Contact Organization (where applicable)
- Billing Contact Address
- Billing Contact Email
- Billing Contact Fax (where applicable)
- Billing Contact Telephone Number
Our collection of Personal Information is necessary to comply with contractual obligations we have with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and with certain TLD registries (“Registries”) so that you can validly register your domain name. In addition to Personal Information, our contracts with some Registries may require us to collect other personal information for the registration of a TLD such as certain professional affiliations, identification or other qualifiers (“Additional Personal Information”).
Disclosure Of Information
- Public Whois. Our contracts with ICANN and other Registries require us to make certain domain name information (“WHOIS Information”) available and accessible to the public through a searchable port 43 “WHOIS” Service via a public webpage operated by the applicable registrar of record (“WHOIS Site”). The WHOIS Site is a publicly accessible database that lists WHOIS Information, including a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name’s creation and expiration date. Except for EU/EEA natural persons (as described below), your Personal Information could be displayed on the WHOIS Site.
- EU/EEA natural persons. Notwithstanding the foregoing, pursuant to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or GDPR, if you are a EU/EEA natural person (as defined by the GDPR), other than as specified in this addendum, our publication of WHOIS Information will not contain any Personal Information. Accordingly, we will not display Personal Information of a EU/EEA natural person on the WHOIS Site.
- Transfer Out. If you initiate a transfer out of a domain name away from us as the registrar of record, pursuant to our contract with ICANN, we may need to publish your registrant email address obtained from your Personal Information on the WHOIS Site for a period of approximately five (5) calendar days. After this period and assuming a valid transfer has occurred, you would cease to be our customer for that domain name and your WHOIS Information would be managed by the gaining registrar.
- Certain Registries. Registries are third party providers of TLDs that are independent of domain registrars. If required by contract with a particular Registry, we may be obligated, as a domain registrar of domains provided by the Registry, to provide Personal Information and Additional Personal Information to such Registry to successfully complete your domain name registration. If we provide your Personal Information and Additional Personal Information to a Registry, the Registry has its own obligation to comply with applicable data privacy laws.
- Data Escrow. Our contract with ICANN requires us to deposit the Personal Information collected with a secure third-party escrow provider who acts solely as a holder of the data.
- Permitted Disclosures. We may also disclose your Personal Information when required by the rules, regulations and policies of ICANN, including but not limited to the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP).
We store this data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.